Swami Dayananda College of Arts & Science, Manjakkudi
The Swami Dayananda College of Arts & Science is built with modern infrastructure, at par with any urban college. Affiliated to the Bharathidasan University, the college started with a first batch of 320 students in 2001 and now has over 1000 students enrolled in our various courses.
The academic qualifications of the lecturers are as per the norms of the UGC, which are reviewed and validated by the University. Our staff uses every opportunity for skill improvement by attending various orientations and courses conducted by the UGC academic staff colleges of both the Bharathidasan and Pondicherry Universities. More importantly, this college has given rural girl children who have completed their schooling the opportunity to pursue further studies.
- 35 fully-equipped and well-ventilated class rooms.
- 11 college buses ply towards Kumbakonam, Tiruvarur, Koradachery and other specified routes for easy and safe transport, especially for women students and staff.
- Spacious, well equipped Science laboratories.
- A Library with a fine collection of books as well as current volumes of journals.
- An Auditorium with a seating capacity of 1000 and planned ventilation.
- 60 seater Computer lab with broadband internet connections and an LCD projection system.
- Spacious playground and well-equipped sports infrastructure within the college premises.
- Uninterrupted power supply through a generator facility.
- Well planned sanitation and toilets on each floor. The ladies restrooms are equipped with vending machine for feminine hygiene needs.
- First aid provisions are available as well as a fire extinguisher on every floor. A special emergency vehicle is available for urgent requirements.
- UV treated purified water supply at all hours.
- Periodical medical camps are organized for monitoring the students’ health.
- Yoga classes are conducted for physical and mental well being.
- Delicious and nutritious food is served in the canteen at subsidized rates.
- A public addressing system enables better internal communication.
- Bharathidasan University has appointed the college as a distance-learning center for their MBA and PGDCA programs. This distinction has been given to only 2 other colleges of the University and allows students to enroll in a dual degree program.
- Bachelor in Business Administration (B.B.A)
- Bachelor in Computer Application (B.C.A)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (B.Sc Computer Science)
- Bachelor in Information Technology (B.Sc IT)
- Bachelor in Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor in Physics/Chemistry (B.Sc Phy/Chem)
- Master in Commerce (M.Com)
- Master in Computer Science (M.Sc Computer Science)
- Computer Science
View Other Projects
- Swami Dayananda College of Arts & Science, Manjakkudi
- Swami Dayananda School of Carnatic Music and Bharata Natyam
- Semmangudi Higher Secondary School, Semmangudi (Aided School)
- Swami Dayananda English School, Manjakkudi (Unaided School)
- Veda Pathashalas
- Student Hostels
- Cleaning & De-silting of Tanks and Canals – Manjakkudi, Palur & Pudukkudi (Community Projects)
- Health Care – Manjakkudi & Kodavasal
- Swami Dayananda Educational Trust Partners with WIPRO for their first Rural BPO at Manjakkudi